The California Showcase is a FREE one day, non-profit event presented by Coach Terry Donahue (formerly of UCLA, 1976-1995) and the National Football Foundation (founded in 1947 with current President/CEO Steve Hatchell) for high school seniors to display their skills to Division II, III, and NAIA football programs. Coach Donahue and the National Football Foundation believe that the opportunity of playing college football while earning a college degree has a profound effect on changing young peoples' lives.
The Showcase will be held Saturday Feb. 11, 2017, at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine, California (Sand Canyon & 5 Fwy). It will feature athletes from all over California and bring together outstanding educational institutions in Division II, III, and NAIA programs from across the country. The Showcase will be organized and managed by quality football coaches hand selected by Coach Donahue. A series of tests and drills will be run that will best display each player's various talents at their respective positions. Following the activities, players and universities will meet to discuss scholarship opportunities for the participating athletes. Admission will be restricted to the athletes, participating coaches, visiting high school and college coaches, college administrators, and the media.
General Schedule of the Showcase (subject to change)
- 8:00 am — Athlete Registration
- 9:00 am — Warm-up
- 9:30 am — Testing: height, weight, 40 yard dash and broad jump
- 10:30 am — Fundamentals - Position specific drills
- 11:15 am — 1 on 1
- 11:35 am — 7 on 7
- 12:30 pm — College Fair
How it works
Student athletes from across California will register online prior to the Showcase. They must be a graduating high school senior and have not accepted a scholarship offer from a Division I football program. In addition they must meet one of the three following qualifications:
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Have an SAT score of 860 (math and verbal only) or higher
- Have an ACT of 16 or higher
All Division II, III, and NAIA athletic directors and head football coaches are invited to attend. There will be ample time for coaches to view the athletes in drills and to talk to them individually about their respective football programs. Staff from the admissions and financial aid departments are encouraged to attend as well.
- No parent participation will be allowed at the Showcase
- No kicking drills will be run during the event
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from the Orange County Great Park in Irvine, California (Sand Canyon & 5 Fwy.).
- Students are responsible to bring two pairs of shoes (football shoes and running shoes)
- Water will be provided. Please bring your own snacks or lunch.